Bonnie Pointer (July 11, 1950 – June 8, 2020) was an American singer from Los Angeles, California, United States. She is best known for her singing in the 1970s and 80’s R&B hits like “I’m So Excited” and “Jump (For My Love).” Her Music fans are also known for American R&B Pointer Sisters Singing Group Member.
Early in his music career, which began in 1969, he made his first pairing with younger sister June Pointer at the age of 18. Her Elder sister Anita Pointer Joined her duo team in the same year; thus, this group was named The Point Sister.
But the group was incomplete until 1971 without Sister Ruth Pointer. In 1972, this singing group completed with the eldest sister Ruth Pointer. Then, in 1973, these four sisters released their debut song, The Pointer Sisters, and made an unforgettable place in the heart of their fans.
Bonnie Pointer Death Cause
Sad to say that, but On Monday Morning, June 8, 2020, Patricia Eva “Bonnie” Pointer died at her home in Los Angeles. The Death cause of Bonnie Pointer is still not revealed in media. Her fellow singer and Sister Anita Pointer confirmed her death. According to some sources, she died due to the cause of the cardiac attack, but the proper death reason is not declared.
Early Life, Family & Bio
Patricia Eva Pointer tool birth in by his parents on July 11, 1950, at Oakland, California, U.S. Bonnie was on the number third in the list of her sisters. Pointer died at the age of 69. she was the daughter of father Elton Pointer and mother, Sarah Pointer.
Including her brothers Aaron Pointer and Fritz Pointer, they were six siblings. Her brother Aaron is a Former American Baseball Player.
Pointer sisters and brothers have loved listening to music since childhood and started listening to songs with their parents.
In the year 2000, the Pointer family mother Sarah dies. The unfortunate tragedy did not stop there on April 11, 2006; they lost their sister June Pointer.
They had recognized the quality of singing since childhood; they regularly sang the song of God in the Local Church. In the year 1968, Bonnie completed her High school education from Oakland Technical High School.
After finishing her studies, Bonnie told her mother Sarah; she wants to do something herself, then she convinced her sister June to began singing with her.
In 1997, she left her Sisters group then begin his career as a solo singer for that Bonnie signed a contract to American label recorder Motown.
In 1978 She got married too Motown Producer American composer, lyricist, and actor Jeffery Brown. But for some reason, they remain separated for ten years then divorced in 2016.
|Real Birth Name||Patricia Eva Pointer.|
|Famous Name||Bonnie Pointer.|
|Famous for||Former Member of The Pointers Sisters Singing group.|
|Death Date||June 8, 2020.|
|Death Cause||Cardiac arrest (Not Confirmed).|
|Death Place||Los Angeles, California, United States.|
|Birth Date||July 11, 1950|
|Birth Place (Hometown).||Tampa, Florida.|
|Age (as of death time)||69 years old.|
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5' 6".|
Centimeters: 167 cm.
Meters: 1.67 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 64 Kg.|
Pounds: 142 lbs.
|Natural Hair Color||Black|
|Parents||Father: Elton Pointer|
Mother: Sarah Pointer.
1. Aaron Pointer
2. Fritz Pointer
1.Ruth Esther Pointer.
2. Anita Marie Pointer.
3.June Antoinette Pointer.
|Husband (1978 - 2016)||Jeffery Brown|
|Income & Assets|
|Net worth (As of 2020).||$5 Millon to $7 Million US dollars.|
|Highest Qualification||High School Graduated|
|School.||Oakland Technical High School|
|Social Media Presence||Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bonniepointerofficial/|
|Last Updated.||08 June 2020 ( © Copyright- Celebsweek.com )|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Bonnie Pointer
- She was once arrested in South Los Angeles on November 18, 2011, for Keeping crack cocaine.
- On May 4, 2006, she said on Entertainment Tonight News Magazine interview that her other sister did not fulfil the burial wishes for June Pointer.
- Grammy Award Winner Bonnie Pointer Net worth is $5 Million to $7 Million.
- In the year 1974, they nominated for Fairytale (Pointer Sisters song) and won the Best Country Vocal Performance by a Duo or Group.
- The process of victory did not stop here. The group was ten times Nominated for Grammy Award, and They Won the Three Times Grammy Award.
- The Pointer Sisters Singing Group got four-time American Music Awards Nominations and won three-time.
- Apart from the singing, This Sister Group appeared in the 1976 American movie Car Wash as “The Wilson Sisters.”
- In the Year 2010, its Bonnie Pointer, Who acted in The Weathered Underground film without their Sisters.
- While Working with Motown records Her First solo Record “Heaven Must Have Sent You” that made its Position in 20 pop hits songs in September 1979.
- After the break out from the group, her Eldest Sister Ruth’s Daughter Issa Pointer joined the group in 2002.
- She sang eight solo songs “Free Me From My Freedom” “Tie Me to a Tree,” “Heaven Must Have Sent You,” “Deep Inside My Soul,” “I Can’t Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch),” “Your Touch,” “Premonition,” “The Beast in Me,” “Strangest Day.”
- She was running her self-titled website, where she also earned money by booking private party performers.
- The height of Bonnie Pointer was 5 feet 6 inches, and weight is 64 kg.
- In life, she used some social media platforms where she left some memories in the form of pictures of her life with her sister and friends.
- All music lovers are shocked to hear about the death news of her.