Wiki | Bio
|Real Name||Katie Griggs.|
|Spiritual Name||Guru Jagat.|
|Profession||Kundalini Yoga Expert.|
Founder of RA MA.
|Death Date||August 1, 2021 (Sunday).|
|Death Cause||Pulmonary Embolism.|
|Birth Place||Fort Collins, Colorado.|
|Height||In feet: 5' 8".|
In centimeters: 173 cm.
In meters: 1.73 m.
Pounds: 125 lbs.
|Alma Mater||Antioch University.|
The City University of New York.
|Last Update||August 3, 2021 (© Copyright- Celebsweek.com).|
Kundalini Yoga Teacher Guru Jagat Biography
- Colorado native Katie Griggs, aka Guru Jagat, came in international headlines when her death was announced on August 1, 2021 (Sunday) night.
- As per family and other colleagues, Jagat has died due to a blockage in one of the pulmonary arteries in the lungs (Pulmonary embolism).
- In public, she was recognized for incorporating Kundali Yoga methods into various parts of life, which she had learned over 18-year yoga practice.
- In addition to being a Professional Yoga Teacher, Katie was also known as the founder of “RA MA Institute,” “RA MA TV,” “RA MA Records,” “RA MA Foundation.”
- Being the founder of RA MA Institute for Applied Yogic Science and Technology, she also established branches in Mallorca, Spain, New York City, Venice, and California.
- Early Life: 41 years old Guru Jagat was born as Katie Griggs in 1980 by her parents in Fort Collins Municipality in Colorado.
- She took birth in Jews family in the Colorado community with the assistance of midwives but was raised in Western Maryland.
- Since Griggs was a child, the concept of grasping reality and dedication and spiritual practice had been a part of her existence because her mom was a Jewish spiritual seeker.
- She has one brother, and they both stop eating non-vegetarian when they were seven years old, and her brother joined the Hare Krishna community when he was thirteen.
- Jagat was barred from the realm of yoga until she reached the age of 20, which she protested for a few years.
- When she was in New York, she began practicing Ashtanga for two hours every morning at 6 am, and her enthusiasm quickly rose, and she started getting up every day of the week at 4 am.
- When she began studying Kundalini yoga, she felt different and beautiful and decided to make her life about making objects inside herself and others; this goal led her to develop RA MA.
- She had always desired to be famous since she was a youngster, and her dream came true when she trained under Yogi Bhajan (Harbhajan Singh Khalsa) and practiced Kundalini Yoga.
- Yogi Bhajan gave her name Guru Jagat when she was very young, and on December 21, 2012, she started looking for RA MA, the space that was going to be her first studio.
- Relationship Life: Besides Spiritual life, Katie spent beautiful married life with her husband Teg Vedjeet, aka Teg Nam, and her spouse is a Director of RA MA Yatra.
- Many believed that John Vinland was the Guru Jagat’s husband, but they were only colleagues & friends and worked had taken some Events together.