Wiki | Bio
|Full Birth Name||Thuso Nokwanda Mbedu.|
|Famous as||Thuso Mbedu.|
|Trending for||The Woman King (Role: Nawi).|
The Underground Railroad (Role: Cora).
|Profession||Actress | Model | Director | Writer.|
|Birth City||Pietermaritzburg, South Africa.|
|Date of Birth||July 8, 1991.|
Both passed away.
|Siblings||Sister: Masentle Nomalungelo Mbedu.|
|Net Worth||$ 1.7 Million USD (Est).|
|Height||In Feet: 5' 4".|
Meters: 1.62 m.
Centimeters: 162 cm.
|Weight||Kilograms: 50 Kg.|
Pounds: 110 lbs.
|Hair & Eyes||Black.|
|School||Pietermaritzburg Girls' High School.|
|Alma Mater||University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg.|
|Last Updated.||11th May 2021 (© Copyright- Celebsweek.com).|
The Underground Railroad Actress Thuso Mbedu Biography
- 29 years old actress Thuso Mbedu came into the limelight alongside Chase Dillon and Joel Edgerton for starring in “The Underground Railroad” Series.
- In this series, she appeared in front of her fans in the lead role of “Cora” in ten episodes by director Barry Jenkins.
- Her acting journey began when she was studied in 10th grade at Pietermaritzburg Girls’ High School.
- In school time, she wrote, directed, and starred in a house play that received a standing ovation.
- After lots of struggle in 2014, she got her first acting break in the “Isibaya” Tv series to perform as Nosisa in three episodes.
- The year 2015 changed Thuso’s life when she featured in the “Scandal” Tv series as “Kitso,” including star cast Dawn Matthews, James Gracie, and Nqobile Khumalo.
- Early Life & Education: The Underground Railroad actress Thuso Mbedu was born on July 8, 1991, at Pietermaritzburg City in South Africa.
- Thuso Nokwanda Mbedu and her older sister Masentle Nomalungelo Mbedu grew up under their grandmother; when their mother died due to a brain tumor.
- Her life went through a lot of grief after losing her parents in childhood; when she was 23 years old, her grandmother passed away a few days before her first TV debut.
- It was a tough period for her, and she used the funds from her paycheck to move her sister and nephew from KwaZulu Natal to Johannesburg.
- She got a dramatic art degree at the University of Witwatersrand in Johannesburg in 2013.
- While learning in New York City, Nokwanda also enrolled in a five-week summer acting exchange program at New York’s Stella Adler Studio of Acting.
- Movies & Awards: In 2016, the 5′ feet 4 inches height actress first time came into headlines for her incredible performance as Winnie in the Is’Thunzi series.
- For her superb acting as Winnie, in 2017, she got an Emmy Nomination but didn’t win.
- In 2018, she won South African Film and Television Awards under the category of “Best Actress” for her best acting in the Is’Thunzi series.
- Her popularity continually grew up for starring in “Side Dish,” “Drive,” “Shuga,” and “Tales of contemporary Africa.”
- Facts: She is on the way to making her deep success mark, and her fame will rise more with her upcoming project, “The Woman King.”
- She doesn’t hide anything about her personal life; in 2018, Dr. Musa Mthombeni and Thuso Mbedu’s relationship gossip rumors out, but she clarified that they are both good friends.