Willie Thorne (Death 17 June 2020) was an English famous retired snooker player, English Actor, and Dancer from Leicester, England. He made his fame as a professional snooker player by won 14 major titles and participating in two World Championship In which he had gone to the quarter-finals round. He won the 1985 Mercantile Credit Classic.
Unfortunately, the 66 years old England Snooker Player William Joseph Thorne died on 17 June 2020, in Torrevieja, Spain, due to an illness of Leukemia (Group of Blood Cancer).
On 8 March 2020, Willie tweeted on his personal Twitter account that he had acute monoblastic Leukemia.
Last week he was admitted to the private Hospital in Spain due to painful low blood pressure. On 16 June 2020, Doctors called Julie O’Neill, his carer, and told that Thorne had suffered from breathing failure, and during treatment, he had gone into a medically induced coma.
On the day of Legend Player Death, on 17 June, Julie O’Neill announced on the GoFundMe website that Thorne was not responding due to organ damage in response to infection. His problem went into Septic shock; after some time, doctors decided to off all machines.
Early Life, Family & Bio
William Joseph Thorne was born on 4 March 1954 in Leicester, Englandorg. He died at the age of 66 in Torrevieja, Spain. In life, he had never discussed anything about his parents in public. However, Willie’s parents ran their shoulder of Mutton pub in Braunston, England. He is the brother of Malcolm Thorne.
There is no such information available about his education only knows that he had well educated in England. Apart from the snooker playing. He was also a great actor.
In 1987, he acted in one episode of British television and radio talent show “Opportunity Knocks.”
Personal life & wife
The Snooker player married twice in his life. He got married to Fiona Walker and divorced from her in 1999. From his first wife, he had three children.
Willie Thorne’s second wife was the former Miss Great Britain Model Jill Saxby. Before married to Willie, Saxby was the wife of Peter Yates from 1985 to 1994. Thorne’s first wife had two children (Natalie Yates and James Yates) from her first husband.
He met Jill for the first time in snooker world championships held in Sheffield City in England, where she worked as a hospitality hostess. After one year of open relationship, the couple decided to marry in 1995.
His wife worked in some private hospitality jobs and managing the library in Stocksbridge Library. He died very peacefully when his family and children are near to him.
|Real Full Birth Name||William Joseph Thorne.|
|Famous Name||Willie Thorne.|
|Nick Name||1. Mr Maximum.
2. The Great W.T.
|Profession||Retired English Snooker player, Actor and Dancer.|
|Date of Death||17 June 2020
|Age (as of death time)||66 years.|
|Death Place||Torrevieja, Spain.|
|Date of Birth||4 March 1954.|
|Birth Place (Hometown).||Leicester, England.|
|Height||Feet & Inches: 6' 2".
Meters: 1.9 m.
Centimeters: 1.90 cm.
|Weight||Pounds: 154 lbs.
Kilograms: 70 Kg.
|Hair Color||Black Plus Bald.|
|Siblings||Brother: Malcolm Thorne.|
|Personal Life Relationship
|First Wife (?-1990)||Fiona Walker.|
|Second Wife (1995-2020)||Jill Saxby.|
|Kids||Step-Daughter: Natalie Yates.
Step-Son: James Yates.
3 Children from First Wife (Name not Know).
|Social Media Accounts|
|School.||Private high school.|
|Total Career Prize Net worth||£1,174,929|
|Last Update||17 June 2020 ( © Copyright- Celebsweek.com )|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Willie Thorne
- In 2015, Thorne news was published all over the United Kindom publications that he attempted suicide due to the debt of bankruptcy. At that time, his wife saved him.
- On 14 April 2020, hie caretaker Julie Oneill Oraginezed the Funding for him on GoFundme, where she updated every moment of Thorne life in hospital.
- On the funding website till to Thorne’s death, 193 donors donated him. The total amount he gathered till to end is €22,268, and the targeted amount is €30,000.
- After the Retirement in 2001, he started working as a snooker commentator for British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC).
- In October 2019, Moved to Villamartin in Spain and posted on his Twitter that he separated from his wife, Jill Saxby. The post is not available now on his social media account.
- In 1997, he acted as the party guest in Melissa 5 Four Mini Tv series.
- His last movie in which he played The Beast’s role is Gatwick Gangsters that released in the year 2017.
- In the present, due to illness, he had gone completely bankrupt, due to which he had to face mental stress.
- When he played in his youth, he was also known for Mr. Maximum’s nickname and The Great W.T.
- In the 1982 and 1986, In World Snooker Championship Mr. Maximum, goes to the quarter-finals. Alex Higgins was the winner of 1982, and Joe Johnson (snooker player) won the 1986 game.
- Willie Thorne’s net worth was £1,174,929 prize money that he won during his career and lost some amount of money in the game.
- He was very much addicted to gambling in 2004; in an interview with the host of British daily newspaper The Guardian, he stated that he placed a bet on £20,000 in horse racing.
- Willie Thorne’s height was 6 feet 2 inches (in meters 1.9 m), and weight at the time of death was approx 70 kg.
- Apart from an actor and snooker player, he was a good dancer in 2007; he participated in the British television dance contest 5the series “Strictly Come Dancing.”
- Willie Thorne was well known for the friendship with English former professional footballer Gary Lineker in the industry.
- Once in his life playing snooker, he lost 1.5 million to Britain bookies.
- He wrote one book on his Life, “Willie Thorne: Taking a Punt on My Life,” In which He mentions all his life reality.