|Real Name||Babak Tafti.|
|In Limelight||Super Pumped.|
|Age||36 years old.|
|Birth Date||April 15, 1985.|
|Birth Place||Albuquerque, New Mexico.|
|Lives in||Brooklyn, New York.|
|Parents||Mother: Shahnaz Tafti.|
Pounds: 170 lbs.
|Height||In feet: 5' 11".|
In centimeters: 180 cm.
In meters: 1.8 m.
|School||St. Pius X High School.|
|Alumni||The University of New Mexico.|
|Training||Yale School of Drama.|
|Television||1. Super Pumped (2022).|
2. Legacies (2019–2021).
3. The Equalizer (2021).
4. Ramy (2020).
5. Bull (2020).
6. Succession (2019).
7. Murphy Brown (2018).
8. New Amsterdam (2018).
9. Elementary (2018).
10. Instinct (2018).
11. Quantico (2018).
12. Orange Is the New Black (2015).
13. Nurse Jackie (2014).
14. Blue Bloods (2011).
15. Crash (2009).
|Movies||1. Tu me manques (2019).|
2. Swallow (2019).
3. Flicker (2009).
4. Terminator Salvation (2009).
5. $5 a Day (2008).
6. In the Valley of Elah (2007).
7. The Faithful and the Foul (2006).
|Short Movies||1. A Dress Above (2020).|
2. Benim (2019).
3. Campfire Alpha (2019).
4. Swing Shift (2019).
5. Fish Out of Water (2008).
6. La Sevillana (2008).
7. Hamlet (2007).
8. Fetish (2005).
9. Stuck (2005).
|Last Update||February 26, 2022 (© Copyright- Celebsweek.com).|
Super Pumped Actor Babak Tafti Wiki | Bio
- The 36 years old American-Persian actor Babak Tafti (born on April 15, 1985) has gained immense attention for starring in “Super Pump the Battle for Uber” alongside Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
- The drama, for its basis, has the real-life ups and downs of Travis Kalanick, one of Uber Technologies movie Inc’s founders, and Tafti has a recurring part as Emil Michael.
- Joseph is in the lead with other cast members like Bridget Gao Hollitt, Emma Shannon, Kerry Bishe, and “The Wolf of Wall Street” actor Kyle Chandler.
- Prior to getting one of the primary roles in “Super Pumped,” Babak made his landing in “Bull,” “Ramy,” “The Equalizer,” & “Legacies” from 2020 to 2021.
- He is currently working on Zen Pace’s short movie “Fraud,” a crime drama, with Dana Aliya Levinson and Riley Thomas. We can expect this film to release somewhere at the end of 2022 or the beginning of 2023.
- In addition to working on the big screen, he has been part of different theatre groups for an extensive period, starting with Theatre at the University of Mexico and presently working at Williamstown Theatre.
Early Life, Parents, and Education
- In a family with humble background from Albuquerque, New Mexico, Babak Tafti (age 36) took birth in a Persian family on April 15, 1985.
- His mother, Shahnaz Tafti, and his dad came to the USA as immigrants. Later mom became a chef, and dad handled the restaurant. They have been in this business of hospitality for decades.
- Babak’s sister Bahar followed their parents’ footsteps, but her brother chose a different path.
- Sources say he was studying at St. Pius X High School, where he got introduced to the art of drama for the first time.
- The tale of Babak’s career is fascinating; everybody at the beginning thought that upon getting old, he would become a chef or a restauranter just like his parents.
- But proving everybody wrong, he chose a completely different field and became an actor. His family supported him entirely in this decision and never nagged him about the decision he made.
- He joined the school theatre and was a regular at it in the future. It took some time for him at the beginning to face his fear of the stage, but with persistence, he got the hang of it.
- Before receiving any high-profile role, Tafti did work in some short movies, and the earliest one he did was named “Stuck,” which came out in 2005. Just like this, he did two more SMs, namely “Fetish” (2005) and “Hamlet” (2007).
- In 2007, he joined the University of New Mexico and studied theater & drama. Four years later, after completing his graduation at UONM, he became a Yale School of Drama student.
- A year later, he moved to San Francisco, California, and joined American Conservatory Theater but was associated with this organization for only three months, from January 16 to March 17.
- In late 2012, he started a job at the UNM Department of Theatre and Dance. It was an excellent job, but he kept working for his dream.
- From the beginning of his career in 2005, he did many acting jobs, but his life began changing when in 2009, he made his landing as Malik in “Terminator Salvation.”
- Babak’s positivity and lively personality kept him going, and finally, the day came when Tafti’s agent informed him that the famous casting directors Avy Kaufman and Douglas Aibel wanted him to do a role in their television show “Succession.”
- Directors had seen Tafti in the previous shows, namely “Blue Bloods,” “Nurse Jackie,” “Orange Is the New Black,” and “Quantico” and were very impressed with him, which is why they gave him the job.
- Along with his TV career in the film industry, Babak Tafti also established a name leading to which he worked in the 2019 movies “Tu me manques” and “Swallow.”
Personal Life, Partner, and Wedding
- The wedding bells are ringing in the Tafti family as the actor Babak Tafti is said to get married on April 16, 2022, with his girlfriend named Eden Malyn.
- Eden is an actor based in NYC who also coaches aspiring actors on presenting themselves at acting auditions.
- It is said that they both have been in a love affair for the past three years, and the actor himself revealed this wedding news through an Instagram post on October 16, 2021.
- Eden’s boyfriend is expressive and never fails to share details of his life through his social media handles.